- Winner of the 2006 Midwest Book Award!
- 218 color photos, demonstrating each edible part in the proper stage of harvest, plus showing important identifying features
- Step-by-step tutorial to positive plant identification
- Photos and text comparing potentially confusing plants
- Thorough discussion on how to gather and use the plants
A practical guide to all aspects of edible wild plants: finding and identifying them, their seasons of harvest, and their methods of collection and preparation. Each plant is discussed in great detail and accompanied by excellent color photographs. Includes an index, illustrated glossary, bibliography, and harvest calendar. The perfect guide for all experience levels.